Sunday 14 November 2010

Disappointed

So, I did a length check and I'm at 5 inches in some places, but in a lot of placed I'm at 4-4.5 inches. My hair is so slow growing its ridiculous. I have been taking biotin like its going out of style. My eating and exercising has been really poor, so maybe it's not working because of that. I don't know. I'm just not happy with this rate of growth.

I have made one pleasing discovery though. Organic root stimulator olive oil moisturiser works amazingly. I did a shampoo with my cornrows in last week maybe and rather than condition, I just put the olive oil moisturiser on and my hair feels amazingly moisturised. I remember using this when I was relaxed at the beginning of my hair journey when I was trying everything and my hair felt really dry. But it could be because I've found the right balance for my hair. I'll keep monitoring the moisture levels to see how I get on. It's 6 weeks till my one year post relaxer journey of sorts. I think I will relax as I'm just not prepared at this stage in my life to deal with my natural hair. I'm very lazy with my hair and I just want a style that allows me to just pony tail and go without having to braid my hair every night to prevent having wake up with a mishapen hard afro which need a lot of manipulation to look conservative.

Next week, or maybe in the next 2 weeks, I'll do a hard core aphogee protein treatment and then a moisture treatment in preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment