Tuesday 16 August 2011

Managing my hair

There are benefits to having my real hair out, but from what I feel right now, there seem to be a lot of downsides.

I'm cornrowing my hair every night in order to have a braid out or do an up do. It means I'm manipulating my hair a lot and loosing a lot of hair. I feel my hair is breaking also.

I'm not doing anything different, I just think the manipulation is too much for my hair. I'm considering just wearing afro puffs until my hair settles down.

I found some long strands which have splits midway down the hair shaft. If I have a lot of strands like this, no wonder my hair is breaking.

I also feel as though my hair isn't growing. I'm at 8 inches in some places, but considering I'm nearing 2 years of my hair journey in December, it seems not a very good level of growth.

I've gone back to making a growth mix with main n tail, mn and jbco. I'll try this for a month and see where I get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment