Sunday 18 March 2012

Itchy scalp

For the last month, my scalp has been itchy to no end. I've been washing my hair twice weekly now using Dr Organix Tea Tree shampoo which used to help with my itching but now doesn't seem to be working. I then decided to add essential oils to my megatek mix to help.

My new megatek mix includes:
4 drops of rosemary
4 drops of lavender
6-8 drops of peppermint oil

As soon as I apply the mix my hair feels so tingly. It's lovely and helps ease the itching.

The reason I chose those essential oils is as follows:

Rosemary oil is known to stimulate hair growth and has astringent and antiseptic qualities. It's related to the peppermint plant.
So, I added peppermint, as it has astringent qualities which works to restore the PH balance of the scalp. As a result, it reduced neutralises oil production and prevents a greasy scalp. At the same time it helps reduce the dryness and itchiness associated with a dry scalp.
Lavender oil helps also to stimulate hair growth and has anticeptic properties too.

So, in all, I think I've got a good mix there for dealing with my itchy scalp and hair growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment