Sunday 23 September 2012

Rebraided my hair

As you know, I've had braids in since April and during the last 5 months, I've redone all my braids 3 times - roughly every 6 weeks.

I remove each braid and re-do it immediately. I guess I haven't given my hair time to "rest" as it were. I haven't deep conditioned for a long time, but I do use regular conditioner as a leave in. The reason I do this is that I want to get the conditioner onto my actual hair and I feel a lighter leave in won't penetrate the extension hair to my actual hair.

Anyway, each time I remove my braids I finger detangle the hair and rebraid. I've noticed in places though what looks to be broken hair, some shorter than 6 inches. I really need to cut off the textlaxed ends so I start with a clean slate as I've noticed some split ends.

I have to get better with moisturising. I only moisturise once a week with almond oil which I saturate on the crown area because that's my weakest area, apply some conditioner and that's it.

I short, I've been lazy with my hair since it's been in braids.

I've decided today is a recharge of my hair regime

I'll try MN again. I've made a new mixture of MN with almond oil and peppermint oil since Megatek changed their formular on me.

I'll wash once a week and condition. I'll moisturise more often with almond oil and caster oil.

Fingers crossed I can get a better growth rate by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment