Saturday 10 November 2012

Post Senegalese twists - hair maintenance

So I've taken down my senegalise twists after 6 months. My hair has grown nicely - not as long as I'd like but long enough to make me feel my efforts weren't in vain.

Tips:

When taking out your braids, always make sure you detangle each piece of hair. You can use conditioner or main n tail detangler, which is a staple for me.

My routine for my natural hair after box braids is to:

1) Do some nice chunky twists
2) Deep conditioning treatment starting with a hot oil treatment. My favourite is almond oil as it's great for dry hair
3) Heat up in a bath of hot water. Don't microwave or you'll kill all the vitamin e which is a key ingredient in almond oil.
3) After coating your hair with oil, wrap your hair with cling film/saran wrap
5) Shampoo with your twists still in
6) Deep condition with Motions CPR conditioner

After deep conditioning for a few hours rinse and moisturise with almond oil.
Check out my YouTube video


No comments:

Post a Comment