Sunday 24 March 2013

Long time no blog



I haven't blogged for ages. Nearly 4 months since my last post.

I've been dealing with a number of personal issues which have made me neglect my hair all together.

Over the last 6 months, I've been experiencing breakage - small crescent shaped hairs or half an inch hairs. Where I get shedding I check the strand and can see half way down splits forming down the shaft and then right at the tip the strand separates into two parts.

My hair breaks when wet and dry, however  when  it's dry, provided it's moisturized it doesn't break as much.

Regime :

Deep condition with herbal essences beautiful ends conditioner or do an amla powder treatment.

Moisturize daily with s-curl and jbco

When I go to bed, I spritz with S-Curl and do chunky twists, but I found that during the twisting process, I get lots of small broken hairs.
I realised that recently I've focused on moisture but neglected protein all together.

Making a change.....

Last week I decided to do a hard core protein treatment with Aphogee 2 step protein treatment.  So far, I'm experiencing some improvement, but the ends are still breaking. I stopped using S-curl and now moisturize with jbco and almond oil. I spritz my hair with water and conditioner and this has helped somewhat.

I'll keep monitoring the situation to see if I experience any improvements.

My crown

My crown area is still much shorter than the rest of my hair and is the most brittle I'd neglected that area too and I can see that the hair is really uneven and just running my fingers through it (gently) sees my fingers coming away with broken hairs.

So, the lesson? Get my moisture and protein balance right.

No comments:

Post a Comment