Thursday 25 February 2010

Aphogee 2 step


My hair is very weak when wet. As soon as water touches it and I touch my hair in any way it breaks and doing a little research I see that its suggested that I probably need more protein. I keep doing treatments with MNT conditioner and the aphogee 2 min reconstructurizer, but I still have the same problem. I decided to do a 2 step instead. I combed out all the braids I had in before. Oh forgot to say that the last tine I did a cowash I did it while my hair was in braids and didn't take out the braids until my hair was dry and then I rebraided and did not comb my hair very much. This time because the 2 step requires me to wash, I had to take out my braids. I combed through and saw a bit of shedding. At this stage I think its normal as I haven't really combed my hair for 2 weeks. I followed instructions and washed first then applied the 2 step. When it was hard I rinsed it out and my hair was soooo tangled. I nearly freaked. I used some Herbal Essence moisturising conditioner and I have to say it was one of the best conditioners I've ever used. My hair felt like silk. It still had tangles, but I managed to get most of them out with my fingers and a wide tooth comb. Rather than manipulate my hair too much I braided it with the conditioner in and then rinsed it out. My hair felt soo good, silky and soft. I put some motions leave in on and some JBCO. I'm really pleased with the results. My only concern was that some of my hair did shed some more in the shower while detangling but I had very little breakage.

So far so good. I'm also pleased with my growth. I'm 9 weeks post relaxer and have a lot of new growth. I just want the back to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment