Sunday 13 March 2011

Aphogee 2 step ruined my hair!




Okay, maybe a little dramatic, but honestly I won't be using it again.

My hair wasn't actually damaged, it was just breaking and dry. I thought doing the two step would help, but upon reflection, I probably should have just used the two minute version.




My hair has just felt very dry ever since, despite frequent deep conditioning. My trusty JBCO hasn't been working either! so I guess the aphogee has had an affect on my hair beyond just making it even dryer.

I've gone back and looked at the things that worked for my hair and rediscovered Curl Free Curl instant moisturiser and mango butter. In my trail and error, I trailed a bit too much and forgot about things that I actually liked.

I liked the Curl Free instant moisturiser because it had glycerin and protein, both in small enough quantities to make my hair moisturised without being greasy. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have a "pleasant fragrance" like the bottle claims. To make the smell bearable I mixed in some vanilla fragrance and about a table spoon of herbal essence conditioner. I transfered this mix to a spray bottle and watered it down with water as the conditioner made it too thick.

In a bid to better manage my hair I cut off the bone straight relaxed ends last month and gave myself a trim around the back where my hair was fully natural.



I lost about 2 inches off the front areas which was longer because of my tapered cut. I then measured my hair and my measurements were:

Left side 5.5 inches
Right side 5 3/4 inches
Middle 4.5 inches
Nape 4.5 inches

Not very good numbers so I've decided to go back to taking vitamins. I'm taking 4-5 300 ug of biotin. I also made myself a mix of MN, JBCO, peppermit and some vanilla fragrance. I've also gone back to a lacefront as a protective style. It could be my imagination but it seems like my hair has grown, but I'll wait 4th April to see if I gain any inches.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have protein overload....try using moisturizing products without any protein in it and use only protein based products once a month.

    ReplyDelete