Saturday 13 October 2012

When life hands you lemons - use them to brighten your skin

I'm absolutely in Love with lemons for the skin. Lemons are a great way to brighten the skin and reduce the appearance of dark marks or skin discoloration.

Lemons have vitamin c which have antioxidant properties and help produce collagen - a key ingredient for binding skin cells. The other benefits are that they help reduce discolouration, reduce acne and reduce oiliness.

You can either use processed lemon juice or fresh lemon juice. I use both interchangeably but fresh lemons are best.

Night time application.

To help improve skin appearance, I wash my face with a Simple face wash and then apply lemon juice to clean cotton wool and apply it all over my face. I leave it to dry for 5 minutes and finish off with vitamin E oil, or almond oil which has vitamin E oil. For night time, I always make sure I carry out my face wash and moisturising regime a few hours before bed to ensure absorption and to avoid loosing all my good work to pillows which suck up all the moisture in my face.

Day time application

It's important that if you apply lemon juice to your face during the day, that you apply a moisturizer with SPF 10 minimum. Lemon juice is acidic and  going out into the sun without adequate protection could result in even darker discolouration. If you're not sure, I'd suggest you only apply lemon juice at night,



No comments:

Post a Comment