Wednesday 25 December 2013

Three-year natural hair growth and journey

It's my third year as a natural.

This year has been okay, but not great. I've gained thickness because I've managed to grow the hair around the top and sides of my hair to be long enough to reach the nape hairs, thus giving me the appearance of thickness. In other words, I have fewer layers.

I gave myself a 1-2 inch trim all around and I'm happier with my hair health overall. My hair in the crown is very brittle and dry still, but I've managed to retain the hair as much as I can. Unfortunately, I have areas that are literally 2-3 inches long.

This whole year, I've probably spent no more than 2 months out of protective styles. I've worn wigs all throughout this year and this definitely helped me retain and meant I wasn't playing with my hair all the time.
Overall, I'm happy, I just wish my hair was longer.





No comments:

Post a Comment