Friday 18 December 2009

I caved in and relaxed






In order to stretch my relaxer I've been doing lots of pre poos and deep conditioning treatments. Because my hair is so short, I can't not use heat. I've been going to the gym 4 times a week and try to wash every other occasion after. I really need to learn how to wrap my hair, which might help, but I hate wrapping it when wet as I am concerned about breakage during the combing process.

Anyway, I got to a point where I felt confident enough to relax. I used elasta qp. I left it in for 12 minutes this time which left my hair under processed. It may have been because I saturated my hair in olive oil before the relaxer so the relaxer didn't penetrate properly. I wasn't too concerned as I would rather have under processed than over processed. Next time, I might leave it in for 20 minutes. I didn't see a lot of hair breakage or shedding so I was relieved. I did a deep condition with Dr Organics vit e oil conditioner and olive oil. I noticed after 20 mins under the dryer that the damaged part of my hair was quite "crispy". It just felt dry. I lay my hair flat against my scalp, but decided I was too tired to sit under the hood dryer to let it dry. I used a silk scarf and went to bed. When I woke up the damaged parts were still feeling dry, but it does appear to be filling in.
I used a heat protector from Fantasia and their serum and flat ironed my hair. It feels really bouncy and moisturised. The itching was back so had to use keracare again.

After I flat ironed my hair, it felt great and its grown. I cut the front to mid ear length and not it's just at the end of my ear.Yeah. I even have an inch of hair to hold where the damaged occurred

No comments:

Post a Comment