Monday 18 October 2010

I've been so lazy






I hardly d/c or co-wash these days. I do it maybe once a week. Oh, I went on holiday to California last month and got cornrows done but with hair extentions. No matter how often I told the braider to go easy on my edges she would not listen and I left there with a throbbing head and painful edges. I took them out after 2 weeks as they were fuzzy and itched like a mofo. Unfortunately, my edges bore the brunt of the braiders onslaught on my scalp. I had a lot of breakage around my hairline. It was probably made worse by my constant straightening of the hair there, trying to blend it with my lacefront.

Anyway, I did a length check a few days ago and I have five inches of hair in some places. The middle continues to look shorter - it seemed to be around 3 inches in some places. I upped my biotin uptake but am suffering spots as a result. I'm taking a B12 vitamin to counteract.

Since i discovered how to cornrow my own hair I've been so lazy with haircare. I hardly remember to sleep with a bonnet or scarf on and my hair feels dry as a result. I think I'll up my co-washing to maybe 4 times a week. 2 months from today will be one year post relaxer. I'm excited to see where I'll be and if I'll relax my hair. I really am tired of the wigs, but I need enough hair to make a bun or pony tail or put it up in some sort of protective style that doesn't involve a wig. I'm so tired of wearing them.

Yesterday I did a deep condition with Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise, which I left on over night. I then rinsed it out about 12 hours later. I scratched my scalp since I had a momentary bout of itching and saw a whole load of white gunk under my nails, courtesy of the MN, MT and JBCO mix. I had to wash, so I took out all my cornrows and shampooed. I then put the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor on for 5 mins and rinsed, then put some VO5 conditioner on. As I combed I saw lots of broken hairs. I was really disappointed,as I thought I'd resolved that issue. Maybe I used too much protein...

I cornrowed my hair and after it dried, I used a little Fantasia Frizz Buster serum to straighten a little under half of hair. It took several passes to get my non relaxed hair straight. Once it was as straight as I could get it, I noticed lots of little broken hairs on my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment