Thursday 5 May 2011

Beautiful women who claim they don't know they are beautiful

In the UK, we get episodes of Oprah several months, sometimes 6 months after they have aired. I've been watching her farewell season where she's had a number of super models on her show.

She asked all of them the question, "Do you know that you are beautiful" each one of them said, "no I don't. I don't see myself as beautiful " I'm like come on! The whole world tells you that you are beautiful, your career and industry is about beauty and you say you have no idea you are beautiful.

Beverly Johnson was the only one that admitted to knowing of her beauty, which was refreshing in the face of all the other beauty deniers.

I get tired of celebrities and their alternative reality/fantasy. Their stories of woe are always accompanied by some book, film, song deal and because their image is so intrinsically linked with something they're selling, it's difficult to even take half the stuff they say as fact.

I feel very few of them keep it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment