Tuesday 3 May 2011

I may have solved my breakage





I say this very tentatively.

I took my hair out of cornrows on Thursday. I deep conditioned using organic root stimulator hair mayo. I wrapped my hair in cling film & put on a wig cap, plonked my wig ontop and went for a jog. The heat from my head provided a sort of steam treatment. I've done this several times and I find it beneficial. I left it on overnight and washed my hair the next morning. I then did another deep conditioning treatment with Herbal Essence conditioner. Left that on overnight. I rinsed that out, and used the aphogee 2 minute treatment for 10 minutes. After that was rinsed out, I did another conditioning treatment with Herbal Essence which I left that on for 3 hours.

I sprayed the following on my hair:

Curl free instant moisturiser
Aphogee leave in conditioner
Organic root stimulator hair moisturiser

I used these products sparingly

I let my hair air dry and them flat ironed it using Fantasia frizz buster.

My hair hardly broke at all. Almost on every occasion when I've flat ironed, I've had lots of broken hairs on my shoulders. This time, a very small amount of breakage.

All the above steps seemed like over kill but it it allowed me to get my hair straight without breakage. The only downside is that I didn't get a silky straight flat iron, but I'd rather no breakage than bouncy hair.

My hair felt moisturised and I could actually get my hair into a single pony tail , unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the pony tail, but I will next time

My hair looks sooo thin!









No comments:

Post a Comment