Monday 4 April 2011

Shedding

I had my cornrows in for about 3 weeks and took them out on Friday. I de-tangled my hair under the spray of the shower which made things a lot easier. I experienced quite a bit of shedding, more than I've ever seen. I deep conditioned with an old bottle of Hair One. I left it on overnight and I have to say it did nothing for me, my hair didn't feel dry or moisturised. It just didn't feel like anything really.

I did a braid out and went to my aunts house. I was still shedding hair, after I thought I'd fully detangled. Typical African, she was like, "why's your hair so messy" i.e not straight *rolling my eyes* She insisted on cornrowing it for me, so I let her. It was nice to be pampered. She insisted on blow drying my hair...why I let her I don't know. I swear I could hear my hair ripping out of my head. She used shea butter mixed with olive oil on my hair. She went more than overboard with the oil, I was shining like a beacon by the time she finished.

I did a co-wash with vo5 conditioner just to reduce the greasiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment